- Develop accounts and client relationships within the business unit by delivering client solutions.
- Work with and support the Corporate Director to manage overall client service delivery and administration throughout the insurance issuance and renewal life cycle.
- Maintain and enhance client relationships, while ensuring client profitability.
- Provide advice, as well as negotiate the placement terms of all corporate property placements.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to colleagues and engage in servicing and advising prospects and clients with regards to placements.
- Negotiate with Insurers to obtain best terms, conditions, coverage, and pricing for clients.
- Gather information to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
- Keep up to date on market solutions in order to learn how to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Participating on complex new business placement, renewals and audits of existing covers.
- Co-ordinating with client advocates from other departments that support the broking process.
- Issue and check all policy documentation including policy endorsements.
- Supporting and building on relationships with carriers.
- Create client renewal strategy presentations
New Survey Programmes
- Planning of each programme – Review claims experience, past survey performance, changes in business risk profiles during the year/s, as well as review of new acquisitions to be incorporated both in SA and internationally where applicable to each client.
- Programme management – Assist our survey partners in preparation for the programme which includes the review and population of historical information as well as the collection and preparation of new information required for each site. Date arrangements for site visits, documents, and information collection, etc. after the site visits where required.
- Desktop review of each survey report as received to ensure that we agree with the content of the reports and that the information is factually correct.
- Once the reports are finalised, the findings need to be loaded to the Client’s risk register and discussed with the client.
- Follow up meetings to discuss the findings and outcomes of each survey with the client’s operational and management teams following release of the survey reports to the insured.
Project Management of Ongoing Programmes
- Regular follow ups to the operations to obtain updates for each facility on findings.
- Project planning and assessments for individual recommendations where needed.
- Assisting the facilities in sourcing service providers where needed.
- Reviewing and approving important documents such as Business Continuity Plans, Emergency Response Plans and Change Management Procedures. Where required, assistance may be needed in drafting such documents from start to finish.
- Tracking and reporting on the programmes to the Group. This includes monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to the Group and Divisional risk committees as well as Insurance markets.
- Attend meetings with service providers to make sure that all insurance requirements for findings are met where third parties need to be involved.
- Assist with Capex motivations and discussions with third party property owners to assist the operations in getting property owner approval and/or contributions on capital requirements such as hydrant extensions, fire detection and sprinkler protection installations.
- Discussions, motivations, and support where needed with Insurers to get requirements waived, reduced or to assist operations with alternative solution options that are acceptable to the Insurers in terms of risk reduction and acceptance where required.
- Impairment management in respect of the Group Assets policy which includes reporting the impairments to Insurers and following up with the operations.
- Review the impairment management data regularly to ensure that any recurring matters that could result in continued increased risk to operations are addressed adequately.
- Development and management of risk management tools to improve the client’s overall risk quality based on needs of the Insured.
- Management and reporting to Group risk committees on Monthly Online Self-Inspection assessment tool following launch of the online tool (operational – monthly, divisional – quarterly, group – quarterly).
- Developing and facilitating the implementation of Group risk management standards. This includes gap analysis, standards review and base implementation, as well as annual review and assessment of standards once implemented.
- Business Resilience management implementation across the Group, which will include gap analysis, BIA and implementation of well structured business continuity management/resilience throughout each business within the Group.
Development and presentation of workshops on hot work, health and safety and other needs that may be identified to improve client risk quality and implemented procedures.