The responsibility of the Financial Controller is to oversee all financial transactions for the organization, including:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – Continually analyze our financial data in order to provide crucial guidance and recommendations to the CEO and board. Send out monthly financial reports with a dashboard analyzing key indicators, and send monthly budget updates to staff who oversee budget areas.
- Grants Accounting – Track ongoing grant expenses and ensure spending falls within the window of allowable expenses, reporting to and liaising with the granting agencies and collaborating with key program staff to facilitate compliance.
- Oversee Financial Processes – Manage key processes around reimbursements and payments for staff support accounts, wire transfers, depositing and recording of donations, accounting, payroll, severance, and staff benefits. Continually improve financial processes.
- International Accounting / Audits – Work with overseas staff to ensure that all fields are using appropriate accounting practices, and to ensure that money is being spent for the purposes for which it was given.
- Facilitate the Annual Budget Process – Work with the CEO, Leadership Team, and Board Finance Committee to facilitate the annual budget process
- Manage Key Relationships – Manage key high level relationships with our external auditors, accountant, banks, and the ECFA.