The manager will be responsible for managing the full HR function, working closely with the Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer and the Financial Director, to ensure that the company attracts, recruits, develops and retains only the best and brightest. We are fiercely proud of our dynamic, creative, curious and ambitious team, and our HR Manager will be key in maintaining and retaining talent.
The brand is well-loved and well-known within the South African marketing and advertising community and following its recent acquisition it is now set to radically ramp up its presence and activity within South Africa, and expand through the Honoris network across the continent.
Operational management of the HR function, including everything that customarily falls within this (including but not limited to: recruitment, training and development, performance assessments, staff wellness, health and safety, industrial relations, B-BBEE and transformation, and HR compliance).
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Recruit world-class talent into identified positions and working with managers to ensure roles are optimally structured and defined, and guide managers to make best recruitment decisions
- Source talent using organic sourcing methods and other recruitment tools at your disposal
- Guide hiring managers around best practice recruitment, embedding hiring processes, providing guidance and advise on routes to market
- Providing market and data insight to help stakeholders make informed decisions about the hires they make
- Maintain an engaged candidate pipeline in line with our hire demands and proactively source top level candidates across the business in various positions
- Continuously improve candidate experience and engagement, be a brand ambassador
- Chair and manage the Salary Committee meetings for any hire related approvals required.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Conducting training-needs analyses, developing and implementing training and development initiatives, and submission of annual WSPs and ATRs
- Managing our induction and on-boarding process to ensure a world class experience
- Building careers paths for talent and guiding them along their respective journeys
- Co-ordinating performance measurement and management across all staff
- Maintaining or improving team wellness and helping the executive team to ensure high levels of motivation and happiness within the business
- Oversee the complete BBBBEE lifecycle
- Driving transformation and empowerment through recruitment and skills development, and managing the people-related elements of B-BBEE planning, implementation and reporting
- Being an internal advocate for creativity and innovation in HR practices
- Championing, defending and promoting Red and Yellow’s values and culture at all times
- Maintaining and developing the R&Y Group’s HR policies, procedures and documentation
- Managing all HR-relevant administrative matters (including leave-tracking, payroll input including any third party procession and administration (where needed)), and working with the shared Services Team to design and continuously improve systems and processes
- Involvement and responsible for any disciplinary issues, grievances and other industrial relation matters
- Ensuring statutory and mandatory compliance is met by the organization including Occupational Health and Safety compliance
- Chair and manage the full Employment Equity process
- Develop and maintain the employee retention strategy
- Be the employability lead
- Develop, maintain, and execute the business’ employability strategy by engaging with various departments to build a world class Employability experience
- Represent the business at Group level on all activities relating to Employability
- Engage with the Operations team to ensure excellence execution for annual Brand Challenges, MacLive and Showcase events.
- Manage the Employability Talent engagement
- Continuously engage with Marketing to support Employability initiatives that translate to our social media.
Behavioural and Cultural Competencies and Attributes
We actively prioritise the right attitude combined with the right behavioural attributes in combination to prior experience
Serious smarts are non-negotiable. Our clients expect excellence from us, and our students are professional, intelligent and driven so we value both intellectual and emotional intelligence in our people.
- You must be a ‘radiator’, with a genuine passion for learning, education and people. You are ambitious and resilient – you want to change the world, and don’t let obstacles and negativity hold you back
- Love working with people, and take pride in seeing them flourish and excel. An excellent, empathetic and patient listener
- Curious – you love learning and experiencing new things
- Approachable yet assertive, and a highly effective communicator
- You have a keen eye for detail and are obsessive with accuracy and order. Excellent record-keeping is an essential hallmark of any world-class HR department.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Ability to work under pressure and change priorities/direction quickly and successfully
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done (execute with excellence)
- You are financially-minded – you certainly don’t need to be an accountant, but you will be working with budgets and financial documents, and managing R&Y’s most expensive assets (it’s people)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Comfortable delivering presentations)
- Deadline driven
- Minimum seven to ten years’ experience in HR practitioner/consulting roles, HR generalist experience including health & safety is essential.
- Strong end to end recruitment experience essential. ANY TRAINING EXPERIENCE???
- Experience in a similar stand-alone role will be highly advantageous
- Sound understanding of South African legislation related to HR and OHS (LRA, BCEA, SDA, OH&S Act, etc.); good understanding of B-BBEE legislation and codes.
- Prior experience working in education, marketing or technology businesses highly advantageous,
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Industrial Psychology, Human Resources Management (or similar relevant qualification).