MANUFACTURING MANAGER (R85 000 CTC per/month)
Functional Definition: Senior level position responsible for the manufacturing and/or assembly of components and injection moulded components being made into finished goods based in East London. Includes people management, managing budgets and cost reporting.
- Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.
- Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met.
- Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated, and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Ensure Customer specific requirements are adhered to and documented as required.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization General and Task Management
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimizing costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Update the production plan on a daily basis
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required through use of dashboards and measurement tools.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for manufacturing budgets
- Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Responsible for achieving budget and forecast Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
- Solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Manufacturing activities Self-Management
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
Tertiary qualification , i.e. Operations Management/National Diploma
- MBA or management training equivalent
- Minimum five-years’ experience as a seasoned Manufacturing Manager in the Automotive Industry
- Experienced in production manufacturing processes and process improvements
Knowledge of OSH Act/Labour Laws /ISO Quality Systems
CV’s to email@example.com