· Develop the purchasing of both fresh and frozen meat for exportation
· Providing support to the Senior Meat buyer.
· Building strategic relationships with new and existing suppliers
· Negotiating market support from suppliers
· Manage and negotiate costs though the value chain from livestock to the cuts that are
required from our clients for their markets.
· Monitor the execution of orders with suppliers and the Export Coordinators ensuring that
all protocols are adhered to.
· Supplier liaison, negotiation, market report feedback to suppliers
· Work with the PPECB inspectors and the veterinary department to get the correct
documentation for shipments.
· Negotiate pricing and payment terms with suppliers
· Source new suppliers where required and develop the relationships with existing clients
· Problem solving and Claim resolution
· Settle claims with suppliers when they arise
· Keep track of all meat orders for export
· Place all orders with the various meat suppliers
· Ensure that the correct processes are always being adhered to
Minimum experience required:
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar capacity with experience in purchasing
· Extensive knowledge of meat and the various cuts (Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken and Fish)
· Good understanding /experience of the meat export process
· Current relationship with meat suppliers
· Understanding and or experience of import regulations for meat in South Africa would be
· Computer Literate
· Valid Driver’s License and reliable transport.
Salary based on candidate experience.