The Systems Engineer is responsible to manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure. Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools. Ensuring the highest levels of systems, infrastructure availability and SLAs.
The Systems Engineer forms part of the larger IT Engineering team and works in co-ordinance with up to approximately 15 engineers in the Systems and Networking space
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager and working with fellow members of the Engineering and IT Teams, the responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participating, providing, and assisting in the design, UAT and implementation of solutions.
- Hardware and software scoping and planning for client requirements.
- Capacity planning of resources for physical and virtual environments.
- Engage in new and existing business/client project planning, testing and rollouts.
- Ensure client systems remain stable and requirements are continuously met.
- Ensure client SLAs, deliverables and projects are met timeously.
- Co-ordinate software & systems solutions testing and rollouts.
- Patch management and remediation to systems and vulnerabilities across infrastructure, software and other applications
- Communicate effectively with clients and key stakeholders
- Resolving reactive day to day internal and external client related issues.
- Grow, mentor, and upskill the team on technical and management skills
- Ensures direct reports community as well as extended reports follow relevant Group policies, compliance policies, legislation, regulation, and client obligations