We are looking for Operations/Planning Manager, at a senior management level, who is highly motivated to organize production to meet sales demand. The incumbent will ensure our goods are produced on time, to the specified quality standard and be ready for distribution in a profitable manner.
The Operations/Planning Manager will need to: –
- Have a solid working knowledge of an MRP system
- Be well versed in production procedures & controls.
- Exhibit a high level of leadership and business focus.
- Have interpersonal skills to communicate concisely & accurately.
- Be well organized and results driven.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be inquisitive and driven to improve production processes.
- Lead, coordinate and communicate with the various business functions.
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Communicate the Production plan and timings with the Production Manager, taking into account Sales and Production needs.
- Collaborate closely with the Production Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the production process including determining the number of staff, equipment & material resources required.
- Coordinate and liaise closely with Stores and Quality Control to meet scheduling requirements.
- Liaise and collaborate with Sales with regard to sales requirements, production outputs and target dates.
- Ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of operations.
- Monitor jobs to ensure that they finish on time and according to the projected outputs.
- Obtain and review Production output performance (outputs, efficiencies, variances, rejects, waste etc) to make informed decisions.
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports.
Requirements and skills
- Natural leadership qualities
- Excellent communication abilities
- Proven experience as a Production Planner with MRP experience
- Sound knowledge of quality control principles and procedures
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel and ERP/MRP systems
- Capable of generating informative reports
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Certification in the fields of Production, Planning and Inventory Management