The Senior Infrastructure Engineer (SIE) will be a member of the Professional Services Team that is responsible for consulting, designing and implementing bespoke and templated technical solutions for customers.
The SIE must demonstrate the ability to:
- Experience designing/implementing cloud and hybrid infrastructure solutions.
- Design Technology roadmaps.
- Perform IT Audits to identify key weakness or new opportunities on clients IT infrastructure.
- Work as part of a team to deliver innovation and fitting solutions.
- Work as part of a geographically split team (with presence in both the UK and South Africa) to deliver innovation and fitting solutions.
Operate an effective service-transition methodology to ensure the migration to BAU/support of all implemented cloud-based projects & solutions.
- Infrastructure design, implementation and maintenance.
- Able to consult and act as Technical Manager for key The company customers.
- Building, configuration and administration of physical and virtual servers.
- Implementing Cloud based solutions such as Office 365, G Suite, Egnyte, Microsoft Azure, Intune, AWS
- Configuration of enterprise networking devices such as switches, routers, firewalls.
- Prompt and accurate updating of project management system and related documentation.
- Communication internally and with customers as required: keeping the necessary stakeholders and project managers updated on project progress and activity
- Out of hours work (paid overtime).
- At least two of the following qualifications: MCSA/MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, VCP.
- Experience designing/implementing both Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions
- A track record of having lead large-scale, mission critical migrations to Azure.
- Consultant-level knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems and management platforms including SCCM and Intune
- In depth understanding of the capabilities of MS Office 365.
- Expertise must include architectural design, migration, management and supporting O365 implementation including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business and Azure AD
- Well versed in cloud-based file/content management applications and Collaboration ecosystems.
- VMware ESXi or MS Hyper V.
- Exchange Server, G Suite.
- Public and Private cloud computing platforms.
- Great understanding of Network design and configuration at all layers (switches, routers, firewalls).
- Cyber-security awareness highly beneficial.
Knowledge of server and network hardware