The primary duty of the Senior Software Development Manager is to bring technological solutions to bear on the evaluation and execution of key program strategies.
The position is full-time and in South Africa. All candidates should be willing to travel 4-6 weeks (spread over multiple shorter trips).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Senior Software Development Manager includes leading and overseeing a small team of software developers responsible for developing the following:
- Custom data collection and analysis web application. (under constant improvement and development.)
- Database to house and organize all data
- Operations Dashboard – task management system
This is a management and leadership role, however a significant percent of the time will include coding.
- MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- 8 years working in a technological role
- Full stack developer
- 5 years of managerial experience
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of assessing complex issues and finding systematic solutions
- Well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail